Monday, April 30, 2012

Because I dreamed a dream!

Yesterday, among the many other strange things that usually accompany my dreamy sojourn was this huge fish that seemed decked up in the most interestingly patterned scales. My quintessentially Bengali roots could be blamed for having such a prejudice towards the ubiquitous aquatic creature! The fish loving Bongs believe that the start of any good thing must be accompanied with a fish and maybe that is why the textiles of Bengal often see the fish as a main motif. As all good things must begin with a good luck charm, I would like to start mine with this illustration I had done a few days back.

A big thanks to good friend, Sandhya Ramachandran for inspiring this. Her blog is a wonderful collection of well crafted verses and can be found on http://thedreamydryad.blogspot.in/

1 comment:

  1. I am delighted that you have started this blog and I simply LOVE the fish there! It is so elegant!

    Glad to have prodded you to begin this new sojourn. Here's best wishes for many many more works to fill these pages.

    :)

    ReplyDelete